Yes She May
Last Modified: May 1, 2020
Certain services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time, and your use of such services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference.
Please read this agreement carefully to ensure that you understand each provision. These Terms contain a mandatory individual arbitration and class action/jury trial waiver provision that requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions.
Use of Our Service
This is a contract between you and Yes She May. You must read and agree to these terms before using the Yes She May Service. If you do not agree, you may not use the Service. You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with Yes She May, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of these Terms. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Yes She May.
- Important Note to New Jersey Consumers. If you are a consumer residing in New Jersey, the following provisions of these Terms do not apply to you (and do not limit any rights that you may have) to the extent that they are unenforceable under New Jersey law: (i) the disclaimer of liability for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind (for example, to the extent unenforceable under the New Jersey Punitive Damages Act, New Jersey Products Liability Act, New Jersey Uniform Commercial Code and New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act; (ii) the limitation on liability for lost profits or loss or misuse of any data (for example, to the extent unenforceable under the New Jersey Identity Theft Protection Act and New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act); (ii) application of the limitations of liability to the recovery of damages that arise under contract and tort, including negligence, strict liability or any other theory (for example, to the extent such damages are recoverable by a consumer under New Jersey law, including the New Jersey Products Liability Act; (iv) the requirement that you indemnify Yes She May (for example, to the extent the scope of such indemnity is prohibited under New Jersey law); and (v) the Maryland governing law provision (for example, to the extent that your rights as a consumer residing in New Jersey are required to be governed by New Jersey law).
- The Yes She May Service and App
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as permitted by the features of the Service. Yes She May reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and Yes She May Content (as defined below). Yes She May may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
We may make available software to access the Service via a mobile device (the “App”). To use the App you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the App. Yes She May does not warrant that the App will be compatible with your mobile device. You may use mobile data in connection with the App and may incur additional charges from your wireless provider for these services. You agree that you are solely responsible for any such charges. Yes She May hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the App for one Yes She May account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the App, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the App to any third party or use the App to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copies of the App; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the App, or features that enforce limitations on use of the App; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the App. You acknowledge that Yes She May may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the App, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the App that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of these Terms will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the App is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the App or any copy thereof, and Yes She May or its third-party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the App (and any copy thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in these Terms, is void. Yes She May reserves all rights not expressly granted under these Terms. If the App is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies. Any use, reproduction, release, performance, display or disclosure of the Service and any accompanying documentation by the U.S. Government will be governed solely by these Terms of Service and is prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms of Service. The App originates in the United States, and is subject to United States export laws and regulations. The App may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or those persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports from the United States. In addition, the App may be subject to the import and export laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all United States and foreign laws related to use of the App and the Service.
- Yes She May Accounts
Your Yes She May account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of Users. If you open a Yes She May account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) “you” includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to these Terms, and that you agree to these Terms on the entity’s behalf.
You may never use another User’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information, and you must keep this information up to date. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify Yes She May immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Yes She May will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in your [settings page]. By providing Yes She May your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your [settings page]. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- Service Rules
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to Yes She May servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that Yes She May grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy publicly available materials from the Yes She May Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (viii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes; (ix) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (x) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (xi) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of these Terms, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by these Terms.
- User Content
We do not claim ownership of user-generated content and material. Any and all photographs, images, graphics, videos, sounds, text, files, seller or other account profiles, communications, comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, concepts, questions, data or other content that you (i) submit or post on or through the Service, on any of our blogs, social media accounts or through tools or applications we provide for posting or sharing such content with us; or (ii) have posted or uploaded to your social media accounts, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest, which are tagged with any Yes She May promoted hashtag (collectively “User Content”) shall be deemed nonconfidential and nonproprietary. By submitting or posting any User Content, you grant to Yes She May and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, sublicensable and transferable license to copy, publish, translate, modify, reformat, create derivative works from, distribute, reproduce, sell, display, transmit, publish, broadcast, host, archive, store, cache, use or otherwise exploit all or any portion of the User Content, as well as your name, persona and likeness included in any User Content and your social media account handle, username, real name, profile picture and/or any other information associated with the User Content, in any commercial or noncommercial manner whatsoever, in whole or in part, in any and all distribution channels, forms, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to in stores, printed marketing materials, emails, web pages, social media accounts and for any other marketing, advertising, public relations, sales or promotional purposes with or without attribution and without further notice to you. Neither you, nor any other person or entity, will have the right to (i) receive any royalty or consideration of any kind for the use of the User Content pursuant to these Terms or (ii) inspect or approve the editorial copy or other material that may be used in connection with the User Content. Yes She May will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such User Content for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products that incorporate or otherwise rely upon such information. Yes She May shall have no obligation to monitor User Content, use or display User Content, compensate you for submitting User Content or respond to any User Content. Yes She May retains the right, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, to remove, revise or refuse to post any User Content for any reason or no reason. Subject to the licenses granted in these Terms, you retain ownership of any copyright and other rights you may have in the User Content.
By submitting or posting User Content on the Service, on your social media accounts or through any tools or applications we provide for posting or sharing your User Content with us, you represent and warrant that (i) you own or control any and all rights in and to the User Content, and the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in these Terms, and if you are not the holder of such rights, the holder of such rights has completely and effectively waived all such rights and irrevocably granted you the right to grant the licenses stated above without the need for payment to you or any other person or entity; (ii) you have obtained permission from any individuals that appear in the User Content to use, and grant others the right to use, their name, image, voice and/or likeness without the need for payment to you or any other person or entity; (iii) you are 18 years of age or older; and (iv) the User Content does not (a) contain false or misleading information, (b) infringe on the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, statutory, contractual or other rights of any third party, (c) contain any libelous, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening or otherwise harassing or hateful content, (d) contain any addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or any contact information or (e) contain computer viruses, worms or other harmful files. Upon request by Yes She May, you will furnish Yes She May any documentation, substantiation or releases necessary to verify your compliance with these Terms. You are solely responsible for the User Content and you hereby agree to indemnify and hold Yes She May and its employees, agents, affiliates, assigns and licensees harmless from any and all damages, claims, expenses, costs or fees arising from or in connection with a breach of any of the foregoing representations or your violation of any law or rights of a third party.
Yes She May does not guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any User Content or endorse any opinions expressed by you or anyone else. By submitting or posting the User Content you fully and unconditionally release and forever discharge Yes She May and its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual or consequential, direct or indirect), whether now known or unknown, of every kind and nature relating to, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) disputes between you and one or more users or any other person or entity, or (ii) the use by Yes She May or you of the User Content, including, without limitation, any and all claims that use of the User Content pursuant to these Terms violates any of your intellectual property rights, copyrights, rights of publicity or privacy, “moral rights,” or rights of attribution and integrity. You acknowledge and agree that Yes She May has no control over, and shall have no liability for any damages resulting from, the use (including, without limitation, re-publication) or misuse by you or any third party of any User Content. Yes She May acts as a passive conduit for User Content and has no obligation to screen or monitor User Content. If Yes She May becomes aware of any User Content that allegedly may not conform to these Terms, Yes She May may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to take action in accordance with these Terms. Yes She May has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
Yes She May has the absolute right to remove and/or delete without notice any User Content within its control that it deems objectionable. You consent to such removal and/or deletion and waive any claim against Yes She May for such removal and/or deletion. Yes She May is not responsible or liable for failure to store posted content or other materials you transmit through the Service. You should take measures to preserve copies of any data, material, content or information you post on the Service or any other sites or platforms.
- Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, and User Content belonging to other Users (the “Yes She May Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Yes She May and its licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Service). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any Yes She May Content. Use of the Yes She May Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Yes She May under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Yes She May does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Yes She May, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Order and Payment Terms
- Placing an Order. After you place an order we will review the information you provided for validity by verifying your method of payment, billing, and/or shipping address. Orders may not be accepted for delivery to certain addresses and territories based upon your location. We may contact you (via email or phone) if additional information is required to accept and process your order. In valid order information may result in delays processing your order. For Product purchases, your receipt of an order confirmation does not constitute Yes She May’s acceptance of your order. Without prior notification, Yes She May maintains the right to limit the Product order quantity and the right to refuse to sell Products to any customer for any reason or no reason at all. Yes She May reserves the right not to sell to resellers, dealers, or distributors. If your order is canceled, we will attempt to notify you using the email address you have given us with the order.
- No Sales to Children. Yes She May does not sell products through its Service for or to children, but only to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you may use the Service only with involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Methods. We accept various payment methods for Product purchases through our Service, including Mastercard and Visa. We will bill your payment method when you place an order for a Product through the Service. Yes She May will not fulfill any Product order without authorization validation of your purchase from your payment method. We partner with Stripe to process payments; by using our Service you agree to provide Stripe with a valid credit or debit card and also agree to Stripe’s Terms of Service available at https://stripe.com/us/terms.
- Offers. You acknowledge and agree that any offers made available through the Service are subject to change at any time and from time to time.
- Colors and Other Features. We have endeavored to be as accurate as possible in describing and displaying the colors and other features of the Products made available for purchase through the Service; however, there is no warranty or guarantee that the colors, quality, product descriptions, or other content of the Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
- Shipping. We will ship the Product(s) you purchase via the shipping method of our choice, on such other terms and conditions (such as applicable shipping and handling fees) that we may disclose to you at the time of your purchase. We do not guarantee the services of any shipping service, and delivery dates and times are estimates and are not guaranteed. We will, however, use commercially reasonable efforts to dispatch the Product to you as soon as reasonably possible after you place your order. During busy times, such as holiday periods and periods of inclement weather, there may be additional processing and shipping delays. You agree to not hold Yes She May liable for any shipping issues. Most package carriers have a short time frame in which to initiate claims. We recommend that you inspect your package for damage immediately upon arrival. If there is a problem, contact the delivery service immediately to resolve any problems. Unless otherwise provided by notice from Yes She May, all Products are shipped F.O.B. from any place we designate the Products to leave. At our discretion, we may choose to halt, or alter, the delivery of an order, even though it is in the hands of a delivery agent or shipping company. We may do this as a customer service or in cases where we suspect fraud. You agree to pay any additional charges that may arise to do circumstances in which we take such action.
- Returns. Yes She May will provide refunds for Products purchased through the Service solely in accordance with our Return Policy [link].
- California Residents. The provider of services is set forth herein. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
We care about the privacy of our Users. You understand that by using the Services you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information and aggregate data as set forth in our Privacy Statement [link], and to have your personally identifiable information collected, used, transferred to and processed in the United States.
Yes She May cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- Copyright Complaints
It is our policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify Yes She May’s copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Yes She May to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Attn: DMCA Notice
Mei Xu & Company LLC dba Yes She May
Under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Yes She May and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Yes She May’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Yes She May has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Yes She May may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- Third-Party Links and Information
The Service may contain links to third-party materials that are not owned or controlled by Yes She May. Yes She May does not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access a third-party website or service from the Service or share your User Content on or through any third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk, and you understand that these Terms and Yes She May’s Privacy Statement [link] do not apply to your use of such sites. You expressly relieve Yes She May from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website, service, or content, including without limitation User Content submitted by other Users. Additionally, your dealings with or participation in promotions of advertisers found on the Service, including payment and delivery of goods, and any other terms (such as warranties) are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that Yes She May shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealings with such advertisers.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Yes She May and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) User Content or any content that is submitted via your account including without limitation misleading, false, or inaccurate information; (vi) your willful misconduct; or (vii) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
- No Warranty
The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Yes She May or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein. Without limiting the foregoing, Yes She May, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or your use of the Service.
Yes She May does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and Yes She May will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
Federal law, some states, provinces and other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. This agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Yes She May, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers or licensors be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, this service. Under no circumstances will Yes She May be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or your account or the information contained therein.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Yes She May assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service; (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through our service by any third party; (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or (vii) User Content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. In no event shall Yes She May, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers, or licensors be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount you paid to Yes She May hereunder or $100.00, whichever is greater.
This limitation of liability section applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if Yes She May has been advised of the possibility of such damage. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under this agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
The Service is controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. Yes She May makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
Governing Law, Arbitration, and Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver
- Governing Law. You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Maryland; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Maryland. These Terms shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Maryland, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that these Terms evidence a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of these Terms shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that Montgomery County, Maryland is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings in the event that the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
- Read this section carefully because it requires the parties to arbitrate their disputes and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from Yes She May. For any dispute with Yes She May, you agree to first contact us at [insert email] and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that Yes She May has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in Montgomery County, Maryland, unless you and Yes She May agree otherwise. If you are using the Service for commercial purposes, each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules, and the award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. If you are an individual using the Service for non-commercial purposes: (i) JAMS may require you to pay a fee for the initiation of your case, unless you apply for and successfully obtain a fee waiver from JAMS; (ii) the award rendered by the arbitrator may include your costs of arbitration, your reasonable attorney’s fees, and your reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses; and (iii) you may sue in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction without first engaging in arbitration, but this does not absolve you of your commitment to engage in the informal dispute resolution process. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing Yes She May from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights.
- Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. With respect to all persons and entities, regardless of whether they have obtained or used the Service for personal, commercial or other purposes, all claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action or other representative proceeding. This waiver applies to class arbitration, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims. You agree that, by entering into this agreement, you and Yes She May are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
Additional App Store Terms
- App from Apple App Store. The following applies to any App you acquire from the Apple App Store (“Apple-Sourced Software”): You acknowledge and agree that these Terms is solely between you and Yes She May, not Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) and that Apple has no responsibility for the Apple-Sourced Software or content thereof. Your use of the Apple-Sourced Software must comply with the App Store Terms of Service. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Apple-Sourced Software. In the event of any failure of the Apple-Sourced Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Apple-Sourced Software to you; to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Apple-Sourced Software, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by these Terms and any law applicable to Yes She May as provider of the software. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Apple-Sourced Software or your possession and/or use of the Apple-Sourced Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Apple-Sourced Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by these Terms and any law applicable to Yes She May as provider of the software. You acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the Apple-Sourced Software or your possession and use of that Apple-Sourced Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Yes She May, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms. You and Yes She May acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as relates to your license of the Apple-Sourced Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as relates to your license of the Apple-Sourced Software against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- App from Google Play Store. The following applies to any App you acquire from the Google Play Store (“Google-Sourced Software”): (i) you acknowledge that these Terms are between you and Yes She May only, and not with Google, Inc. (“Google”); (ii) your use of Google-Sourced Software must comply with Google’s then-current Google Play Store Terms of Service; (iii) Google is only a provider of the Google Play Store where you obtained the Google-Sourced Software; (iv) Yes She May, and not Google, is solely responsible for its Google-Sourced Software; (v) Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to Google-Sourced Software or these Terms; and (vi) you acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to these Terms as it relates to Yes She May’s Google-Sourced Software.
- These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Yes She May without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. These Terms, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Yes She May in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Yes She May concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable.
- No Waiver. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Yes She May’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Please contact us at [insert email] with any questions regarding these Terms.